Streamline Your Workflow and Boost Productivity
Running an online business requires effective project management to ensure smooth operations, efficient collaboration, and timely delivery of projects. With the right project management tools and software, you can streamline your workflows, enhance team collaboration, and boost productivity. In this article, we will explore the top 11 project management tools and software specifically designed for online businesses. Whether you are a solopreneur or managing a team, these tools will help you stay organized, track progress, and achieve your business goals efficiently.
11 Project Management Tools and Software for Your Business
1. Trello: Simplify Project Management with Visual Boards
Trello is a popular project management tool that uses visual boards and cards to simplify project tracking. With its user-friendly interface and app, you can create boards for different projects, add tasks as cards, and move them across various stages of completion. Trello allows you to assign tasks to team members, set due dates, and collaborate effortlessly. Its drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to prioritize tasks and monitor progress.
- Boards and Lists: Trello utilizes boards, which can be further organized into lists, to help users manage their projects. Each list can contain multiple cards that represent tasks.
- Cards: Cards serve as the basic unit for tasks or items, which can include descriptions, checklists, labels, attachments, deadlines, and members who are responsible for them.
- Customization: Users can customize their boards with backgrounds, stickers, and labels to make them visually engaging and easier to understand.
- Collaboration: Trello enables team collaboration by allowing members to comment on cards, attach files, and assign tasks to one another.
- Free: Trello offers a Free plan that includes unlimited personal boards, cards, and lists. However, it comes with some limitations such as 10MB per file attachment limit and only one Power-Up per board.
- Business Class: This plan costs $10 per user/month (billed annually) or $12.50 (billed monthly) and offers advanced features like unlimited Power-Ups, custom fields, 250MB file attachments, priority support, and more.
- Enterprise: For larger organizations, Trello offers an Enterprise plan with pricing that varies based on the number of users. It includes all the features of Business Class plus additional security features, priority support, and personalized assistance.
Trello offers a robust selection of integrations to enhance its functionality. Through Power-Ups, users can connect Trello with a variety of third-party tools and services. For instance, users can integrate Trello with cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box to attach files directly to cards. Integration with communication tools such as Slack and Microsoft Teams allows users to collaborate and communicate without leaving Trello. For those looking to sync tasks with their calendars, Trello integrates with Google Calendar, Outlook, and Apple Calendar.
2. Asana: Foster Seamless Team Collaboration
Asana is a powerful project management tool that focuses on team collaboration. It allows you to create projects, assign tasks, and set deadlines. You can track progress, communicate with team members, and share files within the platform. Asana’s intuitive interface and extensive features make it an ideal choice for online businesses with remote teams.
- Task Management: Users can create, assign, and prioritize tasks, set deadlines, and track progress.
- Timeline: Provides a visual overview of the project, helping teams to plan, schedule, and manage tasks over time.
- Customizable Dashboards: Users can build custom dashboards to monitor key performance indicators.
- File Sharing and Attachment: Users can upload and share files, documents, and images, which can be attached to tasks or conversations.
- Conversations and Comments: Users can communicate within tasks or projects, add comments, and have focused conversations.
- Basic task management features.
- Unlimited tasks, projects, and messages.
- Collaboration with up to 15 teammates.
Premium (billed annually):
- Starts at $13.49 per user/month.
- Includes advanced features such as Timeline, advanced search, and reporting.
- Custom fields, forms, and unlimited free guests.
Business (billed annually):
- Starts at $30.49 per user/month.
- Advanced integrations and customization options.
- Portfolio management and workload tracking.
Enterprise (custom pricing):
- Advanced security and control.
- Data export and deletion.
- Custom branding, priority support, and a dedicated customer success manager.
Asana integrates seamlessly with a plethora of tools and programs that are essential for project management and collaboration. Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box can be integrated for file storage and sharing. Communication tools like Slack and Microsoft Teams allow for streamlined communication with the team. Asana can also integrate with Zapier to connect with over 1000+ other apps.
3. Monday.com: Optimize Workflows and Processes
Monday.com offers a comprehensive platform for managing projects, tasks, and workflows. It provides customizable templates, allowing you to tailor the tool according to your specific business needs. Monday.com enables you to assign tasks, track progress, and automate repetitive processes, streamlining your workflows and maximizing efficiency.
- Customizable Workflows: Monday.com allows users to create and customize workflows to suit the specific needs of their team or project.
- Visual Project Tracking: Users can track the progress of projects using various visual aids such as Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and timelines.
- Collaboration Tools: It has built-in tools for communication and collaboration, such as comments, mentions, and file sharing.
- Automations: Users can automate repetitive tasks and processes, saving time and reducing the chances of errors.
- Free Trial: Monday.com offers a free trial for users to test out the features before committing to a paid plan.
- Basic Plan: The Basic plan includes main features like unlimited boards, 20-column types, and overviews.
- Standard Plan: The Standard plan builds on the basics, offering timeline & Gantt views, automations, and integrations.
- Pro Plan: The Pro plan is more advanced with features like time tracking, chart views, private boards, and formula columns.
- Enterprise Plan: The Enterprise plan is aimed at large organizations and includes advanced features like higher API limits, advanced security, and more.
Please note that actual pricing and specific features included in each plan might vary, and you should check the Monday.com website for the most up-to-date information.
Monday.com can be integrated with a wide range of third-party tools and applications to extend its capabilities and streamline workflows. Some of the tools and programs that can be integrated with Monday.com include but are not limited to Slack for communication, Google Drive and Dropbox for file storage, Jira for issue and project tracking, Trello for task management, and Zoom for video conferencing.
4. Basecamp: Centralize Project Communication and Documentation
Basecamp is an all-in-one project management tool that centralizes project communication and documentation. It offers features like to-do lists, file sharing, message boards, and schedules. With Basecamp, you can keep all project-related discussions and documents in one place, ensuring everyone stays on the same page.
Basecamp is an exemplary project management and collaboration tool that offers a range of features designed to help teams manage tasks, communicate, and stay on the same page.
- To-do Lists: Basecamp allows users to create to-do lists for tasks that need to be completed. These lists can be assigned to different members of the team and can have due dates to ensure that everything is completed on time.
- Message Boards: Communication is key in project management, and Basecamp’s message boards provide a space where teams can discuss projects, share ideas, and keep everyone in the loop.
- Schedules: Keep track of deadlines, milestones, and events with Basecamp’s scheduling feature. It integrates with most calendar applications and sends notifications so that nothing slips through the cracks.
- Documents & File Storage: Basecamp offers file storage and sharing capabilities, so teams can easily upload and access documents, images, and files relevant to the project.
Basecamp offers pricing options that can accommodate different business sizes and needs.
- Free: Basecamp Personal is available for free. This plan is ideal for personal projects, freelancers, families, and students. It includes up to 20 users, 3 projects, and 1GB of storage space.
- Basecamp Business: This plan costs $99 per month for unlimited users and projects, and 500GB of storage space. It includes all the features of Basecamp, priority support, and additional features like advanced client access and project templates.
- Enterprise Plans: Basecamp also offers custom enterprise plans for large businesses or organizations that need more control and features than what is offered in the Basecamp Business plan. Pricing for enterprise plans varies based on specific needs and requirements.
Basecamp boasts an impressive list of integrations, enhancing its functionality by syncing with other popular tools and services. For instance, Google Calendar and Outlook can be seamlessly integrated to ensure that your Basecamp schedule is always in sync with your main calendar. The file storage feature is compatible with cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive, facilitating easy file sharing and collaboration. Additionally, Basecamp supports integration with time-tracking apps like Harvest, allowing teams to keep tabs on how much time is being spent on various tasks.
5. Wrike: Boost Team Collaboration and Visibility
Wrike is a flexible project management tool that focuses on boosting team collaboration and visibility. It allows you to create tasks, assign them to team members, and track progress in real-time. Wrike also offers interactive Gantt charts, time tracking, and comprehensive reporting, enabling you to monitor project timelines and make data-driven decisions.
Wrike is a versatile project management and collaboration tool designed to help teams work more efficiently. Its features are tailored to address the diverse needs of project management.
- Task Management: Users can create, assign, and monitor tasks. Task dependencies and subtasks can also be created to ensure a systematic flow of activities.
- Timelines and Gantt Charts: Wrike allows users to create interactive timelines and Gantt charts. This is useful for tracking project schedules and dependencies.
- Real-time Collaboration: Teams can collaborate in real-time, which means that team members can communicate and make updates simultaneously.
- Document Sharing and Editing: Wrike provides the capability for users to share documents and files. It even has built-in document editors for making real-time edits.
Wrike offers a variety of pricing options to accommodate different business needs.
- Free Plan: Suitable for small teams, the Free plan includes basic features such as task management, file sharing, and a simple, shared task list for teams.
- Professional Plan: For growing teams, this plan includes full project planning and collaboration features, such as Gantt charts, subtasks, and advanced integrations. The cost for the Professional Plan varies.
- Business Plan: This plan is designed for larger teams and includes features such as custom workflows, report templates, and user groups. The pricing of the Business Plan varies.
- Enterprise Plan: For organizations looking for a more comprehensive solution, the Enterprise Plan offers advanced security and controls, two-factor authentication, and custom user and group access rights. The pricing for the Enterprise Plan is based on custom quotes.
- Add-Ons: Additionally, Wrike offers various add-ons for extra features, such as Wrike Proof, Wrike Integrate, and Wrike Resource, which can be purchased separately.
Wrike boasts an impressive array of integrations, making it adaptable to a diverse set of workflows and tools. It can integrate with popular file storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. For communication, it supports integration with Slack and Microsoft Teams, enabling seamless team collaboration. In addition, Wrike is compatible with CRM tools like Salesforce, ensuring that your sales and project management efforts are aligned.
6. Jira: Agile Project Management for Software Development
Jira is a widely used project management tool specifically designed for software development teams. It follows agile methodologies and offers features like issue tracking, sprint planning, and backlog management. With Jira, you can break down projects into manageable tasks, collaborate with development teams, and ensure the timely delivery of high-quality software.
- Custom Workflows: Jira allows users to create custom workflows to suit the unique processes of their teams. This feature enables the automation and streamlining of processes, ensuring that projects move smoothly from inception to completion.
- Scrum and Kanban Boards: With Jira, teams can use Scrum or Kanban boards to visually manage their projects. These boards help in tracking the progress of tasks, identifying bottlenecks, and ensuring a seamless flow of work.
- Reporting and Dashboards: Jira comes with powerful reporting tools and customizable dashboards. Users can generate different types of reports to analyze data and track the performance of their projects.
Jira offers a range of pricing options to cater to different user needs. These include:
- Free Plan: For small teams, Jira offers a free plan which includes basic features such as Scrum and Kanban boards, backlog management, and customizable workflows. This plan supports up to 10 users.
- Standard Plan: Priced at $7 per user per month (as of my last knowledge update in September 2021, please check the latest pricing on Atlassian’s website), the Standard plan is ideal for growing teams. It includes additional features such as advanced permissions, project roles, and audit logs.
- Premium Plan: At $14 per user per month (as of September 2021), the Premium plan is designed for large and complex projects. It offers advanced features such as project archiving, 24/7 premium support, and unlimited storage.
- Enterprise Plan: For organizations that need enhanced security and control, the Enterprise Plan offers features like data residency, release tracks, and 24/7 enterprise support. Pricing details for the Enterprise plan should be discussed with Atlassian.
Jira is highly versatile and integrates seamlessly with an array of tools and programs, making it a central hub for project management and issue tracking. Teams using Jira can integrate it with version control systems such as Git and SVN. Additionally, for continuous integration and deployment, tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, and CircleCI can be connected. Jira also integrates well with collaboration tools such as Confluence, Slack, Trello, and Microsoft Teams, enhancing communication and documentation.
7. Teamwork: Streamline Collaboration and Communication
Teamwork is a robust project management tool that streamlines collaboration and communication. It provides features such as task management, time tracking, and document sharing. Teamwork’s user-friendly interface and extensive integrations make it a popular choice for online businesses seeking efficient project management.
- Task Management: Teamwork provides a comprehensive task management system where teams can create, assign, and track tasks. Users can set deadlines, add descriptions, attach files, and comment on tasks, ensuring everyone stays on the same page.
- Collaboration Tools: Teamwork offers various collaboration features, such as document sharing, real-time messaging, and discussions. These tools enable teams to collaborate and communicate seamlessly, fostering effective teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- Project Planning: With Teamwork, users can create project plans, define milestones, and set dependencies. It allows for Gantt chart visualization, enabling teams to visualize project timelines, allocate resources, and track progress.
- Time Tracking: Teamwork includes time tracking capabilities, allowing team members to log their working hours against specific tasks or projects. This feature helps in monitoring project progress, tracking billable hours, and improving productivity.
- File Management: The software provides a centralized file management system where teams can store, organize, and share project-related documents. It ensures easy access to files, version control, and collaboration on documents.
- Reporting and Analytics: Teamwork offers reporting and analytics features that provide insights into project performance, team workload, and resource allocation. These analytics help teams identify bottlenecks, optimize workflows, and make data-driven decisions.
- Free Plan: Teamwork offers a free plan with limited features and capabilities. It is suitable for small teams or individuals looking to manage basic projects.
- Starter Plan: The Pro plan starts at $ 5.99 per user per month. It includes advanced features like task dependencies, Gantt charts, time tracking, and integrations. This plan is suitable for small to medium-sized teams.
- Deliver Plan: The Premium plan starts at $9.99 per user per month. It offers all the features of the Pro plan along with additional features like custom branding, advanced reporting, and more storage. This plan is suitable for larger teams or organizations with complex project management needs.
- Grow Plan: This plan starts at $19.99/ month
- Scale Plan: Prices are based on customization
Teamwork integrates with various third-party applications and tools to enhance its functionality and provide a seamless workflow. Some popular integrations include:
- Google Suite: Teamwork integrates with Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts, enabling users to easily access and sync their files, schedules, and contacts.
- Microsoft Office 365: Teamwork integrates with Office 365, allowing users to collaborate on Microsoft Office documents directly within the Teamwork platform.
- Slack: Integration with Slack enables teams to receive project notifications, updates, and task assignments in their Slack channels, promoting real-time communication and collaboration.
- GitHub: Teamwork integrates with GitHub, enabling developers to link project tasks with specific code repositories and track progress directly from the Teamwork platform.
- Teamwork offers integrations with many other popular tools like Dropbox, Box, Zapier, and more, allowing teams to customize their workflow and streamline their project management processes.
8. Zoho Projects: Comprehensive Project Planning and Tracking
Zoho Projects offers comprehensive project planning and tracking capabilities. It allows you to create tasks, set dependencies, and assign resources. You can track project progress using Gantt charts, collaborate with team members, and generate insightful reports. Zoho Projects also integrates with other Zoho apps, providing a seamless experience for businesses already using Zoho’s suite of tools.
- Task management: Create and assign tasks, set due dates, track progress, and prioritize tasks.
- Gantt charts: Visualize project timelines and dependencies using interactive Gantt charts.
- Time tracking: Record the time spent on tasks and projects for accurate billing and productivity analysis.
- Collaboration: Facilitate team collaboration through discussions, document sharing, and commenting on tasks.
- File management: Store and organize project-related files in a centralized location for easy access and sharing.
- Free plan: Suitable for small teams with basic project management needs, limited to 2 projects and up to 10MB file storage.
- Standard plan: Starts at $25 per month for up to 10 projects and 5GB file storage, with additional features like task dependencies and custom views.
- Express plan: Starts at $50 per month for up to 20 projects and 20GB file storage, with advanced features like Gantt charts and custom fields.
- Premium plan: Starts at $100 per month for up to 50 projects and 100GB file storage, including features like project baselines and time tracking.
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing is available for large organizations with extensive project management requirements, offering unlimited projects and storage, along with additional enterprise-grade features.
Zoho Projects offers seamless integrations with various tools and programs to enhance collaboration and productivity. It integrates with popular productivity suites such as Zoho Office, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office 365, allowing users to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations within the project management platform.
9. ClickUp: All-in-One Project Management Solution
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management solution that combines task management, time tracking, and communication features. It offers customizable views, including lists, boards, and Gantt charts, to fit your preferred workflow. ClickUp also integrates with popular tools like Slack, Google Drive, and Trello, ensuring seamless collaboration across platforms.
Features of ClickUp:
- Task Management: Create, assign, and track tasks with customizable options such as due dates, priorities, and tags.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with team members by sharing tasks, files, comments, and progress updates.
- Kanban Boards: Visualize your workflow using customizable Kanban boards for better organization and tracking.
- Gantt Charts: Plan and schedule tasks using Gantt charts to visualize dependencies and timelines.
- Calendar Integration: Sync tasks and deadlines with your preferred calendar application for better time management.
- Free Plan: ClickUp offers a free plan with basic features and limited storage.
- Unlimited Plan: The Unlimited Plan is priced per user per month and includes unlimited storage, advanced features, and priority support.
ClickUp provides integrations with various tools and programs, allowing users to streamline their workflows and enhance productivity. Some notable integrations include:
- Communication Tools: Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google Chat for seamless collaboration and communication.
- File Storage and Sharing: Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive for easy access and sharing of files.
- Calendar Applications: Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, and Apple Calendar for syncing tasks and deadlines.
- Time Tracking: Toggl, Harvest, and Clockify for accurate time tracking and reporting.
10. Airtable: Collaborative Spreadsheet and Database Management
Airtable is a unique project management tool that combines the functionalities of spreadsheets and databases. It allows you to create custom workflows, track tasks, and organize information in a visually appealing manner. With its flexible structure, Airtable is suitable for a wide range of use cases, from project management to content calendars and CRM tracking.
- Flexible spreadsheet-like interface
- Customizable views and layouts
- Collaborative real-time editing
- Data filtering and sorting options
- File attachments and rich media support
- Mobile app for on-the-go access
- Advanced formulas and calculations
- Free plan: Includes basic features, limited records per base, and 2GB attachment space.
- Plus plan: $10 per user/month, offering expanded features, more records and attachment space, priority support, and revision history for 6 months.
- Pro plan: $20 per user/month, providing additional features like advanced calendar features, blocks for extended functionality, and revision history for 1 year.
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing with enterprise-level features such as single sign-on (SSO), dedicated account management, enhanced security, and personalized onboarding.
AirTable offers a wide range of integrations with various tools and programs, enabling users to streamline their workflows and connect data across different platforms. Some notable integrations include:
- Collaboration tools: Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite).
- File storage and sharing: Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.
- Project management tools: Asana, Trello, and Jira.
- Communication tools: Gmail, Outlook, and Mailchimp.
11. Smartsheet: Enhance Project Visibility and Resource Management
Smartsheet is a powerful project management tool that focuses on enhancing project visibility and resource management. It offers a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, making it easy to create and manage tasks, set dependencies, and allocate resources. Smartsheet also provides automated workflows, collaboration features, and integrations with popular business apps.
- Collaborative Workspaces: Smartsheet provides a centralized platform where teams can collaborate on projects, share documents, and communicate in real time.
- Project Management: Users can create and manage projects using customizable templates, Gantt charts, task dependencies, and critical path management.
- Task and Workflow Automation: Smartsheet allows users to automate repetitive tasks and workflows, reducing manual effort and increasing productivity.
- File Sharing and Attachments: Users can upload and share files, documents, and attachments within Smartsheet, ensuring easy access and collaboration.
- Free Trial: Smartsheet offers a free 30-day trial that allows users to explore the platform’s features and capabilities.
- Individual Plans: Smartsheet provides individual plans starting at $14 per user per month, which include basic features and limited functionality.
- Business Plans: Smartsheet offers business plans for teams and organizations, with pricing starting at $25 per user per month. These plans provide advanced features, collaboration tools, and increased storage capacity.
- Enterprise Plans: Smartsheet also offers enterprise plans for larger organizations that require custom solutions and additional security and compliance features. The pricing for enterprise plans is available upon request.
Smartsheet integrates with a wide range of tools and programs to enhance productivity and streamline workflows. Some notable integrations include:
- Microsoft Office 365: Users can integrate Smartsheet with Excel, Word, and Outlook, allowing seamless data import/export and synchronization.
- Google Workspace: Smartsheet integrates with Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Calendar, enabling users to collaborate on documents, attachments, and schedule tasks.
- Salesforce: Smartsheet integrates with Salesforce CRM, allowing users to link and sync data between the two platforms, improving sales and project management processes.
Mastering project management in your online business could be the secret ingredient to your next-level growth and success. However, don’t let the pursuit of this efficiency intimidate you; Ubique Digital Solutions is here to help. With our advanced project management tools and software, we make organization, communication, and task-tracking a breeze, so you can focus on what matters most – innovating and growing your business. Are you ready to streamline your online operations and optimize your team’s productivity? Let’s transform your project management strategy together. Get in touch today and let Ubique Digital Solutions be your partner in the journey toward unparalleled business success.
Q: Which project management tool is best for small online businesses?
For small online businesses, Trello and Asana are excellent choices. Trello’s visual boards simplify project tracking, while Asana’s focus on team collaboration fosters seamless communication and task management.
Q. Is it necessary to choose a project management tool specifically designed for online businesses?
While not mandatory, choosing a project management tool specifically designed for online businesses can provide features and integrations tailored to your needs. These tools often offer remote collaboration capabilities, document sharing, and seamless communication channels.
Q. Can project management tools help improve productivity?
Yes, project management tools can significantly improve productivity by streamlining workflows, enhancing team collaboration, and providing visibility into project progress. These tools help keep everyone organized, prioritize tasks, and ensure the timely completion of projects.
Q. Are there free project management tools available?
Yes, many project management tools offer free plans with limited features. Trello, Asana, and ClickUp, for example, have free versions that cater to the basic needs of small businesses. However, premium plans usually provide more advanced features and additional benefits.